Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our Little Recycled Garden

These days Mishu is not participating in any kind of art and craft activity. He is teething and is cranky and irritable most of the time. I had thought of this activity long time back and wanted Mishu to participate but I ended up doing it alone almost. We did little recycling by making flowers out of plastic bottle covers, bases and lids.

We collected sticks from our lawn area and I sat with Mishu to paint them with his green tempera colour. He didn’t show much interest in painting the sticks but tried using stick as a brush.


When he was asleep I painted the plastic flowers and cut leaves from plastic water bottle. I used acrylic paints. I feel I should buy more colours especially red. I taped everything together. I know I haven’t done it neatly as it was a very quick project I wanted to do for Mishu. I kneaded brown play dough using coco powder. I have made it earlier. Here instead of food colour I added 11/2 t spoon of coco powder.I got the idea from here.

When Mishu got up after his nap, I showed him our little garden. He smiled and called it ‘lar’. He says flower like that. He signed flower and leaf (he knows sign language). I was happy that at least he liked them and wanted to play with them because he does'nt like to touch real flowers  He took out all the flowers and stuck in the play dough again.
After seeing this photograbh my husband said that he looks weak. I agree with him and I feel that he needs a haircut too.

2 comments:

  1. So cute!

    I’d love it if you shared this with the Fun Family Crafts audience.
    FFC is similar to Craftgawker but it only features kid friendly tutorials.

    Looking forward to seeing what fun crafts you submit!
    http://funfamilycrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful recycling! Love your projects that you do with your little one

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...